Anytime, anywhere secure access to payslips and more
Over 400 million payslips generated each year, an enormous cost in time, money and CO2.
Sustainably reduce your payslips costs by up to two thirds
Got it covered?
Ensuring employees get a payslip on or before their pay day remains the perennial challenge for payroll. But this has been significantly complicated in recent years as the traditional world of work has evolved:
- Today, the notion of the workplace is increasingly flexible and employees are increasingly likely to work across multiple locations. The growth of the internet and mobile technology has fuelled this shift
- The increased use of mobile banking has meant that people are now more comfortable to access their financial information over the internet
- The multi-generational workforce is becoming more technically savvy and expects to access their personal information anytime, anywhere
Delivering a traditional payslip in this new reality has seen many companies look for a better way and to reduce the huge effort and costs involved. In response Star, as a forward thinking company, pioneered the use of cloud-based payslip services to tackle the problem.
See how Star ePayslips can help you dramatically and sustainably simplify payslip processing and bring huge benefits to both the payroll team, and to employees alike.
ePayslips for the payroll team
As a Payroll Professional user in a bureau processing pay for many companies or as an end-user client, ePaylips allows you to:
- Securely deliver payslips, P60s (and P11Ds) to employers and their employees over the internet as an integral part of the payroll cycle
- Offer a first-class fully featured payslip service with options to theme the service and payslips to your corporate colours and logos
- Slash payslip costs by up to two thirds and help meet company sustainability objectives
- Provide a multi-channel service with a mix of ePayslips & traditional payslips for various clients and employees as required
- Communicate with individual employees or companywide
- Optimise team resources by choosing the publishing date for payslips in advance, allowing you to prioritise and plan ahead
- Reduce the dependency on the payroll team for payslip requests as clients can self-serve whenever they choose and also self-manage forgotten passwords
See below what ePayslips means for employees...
ePayslips for employees
As an employee ePayslips offers:
Click here for demo
- Secure access to a single source of payslip information 24/7, 365 days a year
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Access to personal information on the device of your choosing be it computer, tablet or phone
- Access to historical payslips even for prior tax years without the need to revert to the payroll department
- Print payslips, eP60s and P11Ds whenever needed
Safe & sound
Security has been the prime consideration in the design of the Star ePayslips service and it incorporates features normally associated with on-line banking services:
- Star's ePayslips Service uses dedicated UK based hosting
- Certifications include ISO27001, AICPA-SOC and PCI-DSS
- ePayslip data is transmitted securely via SSL from Payroll Professional
- Data is held securely in a SQL database encrypted using Transparent Data Encryption with Advanced Encryption Standard AES_128
Weekly PCI accredited vulnerability testing is carried out with annual penetration testing by one of the UK's leading web application testing organisations. Data security is our top priority.
For further details see our ePayslip's service document.
See answers to frequently asked questions:
Can I send ePayslips to only some employees?
- Yes just mark those employees in Payroll Professional who will wish to receive ePayslips or alternatively you can choose to send to all employees in a company.
Why not just email payslips?
- This is due to security risk implications as well as the unwelcome overhead of managing passwords per employee.
Can I access my ePayslip on a smartphone?
- Yes, any phone, tablet or other device with internet access can connect to the ePayslip portal using either our mobile site or our standard web portal.
What will my ePayslip look like?
Star ePayslips have a standard format that can be customised per client to include or exclude various payroll information. Take a look at our demo site to see a payslip.
Can a message be delivered on the ePayslip?
Yes, messages can be sent company wide or to individual employees all from within Payroll Professional.
How secure are employee logins?
With Star ePayslips, security is an absolute priority and our service uses technology and methods similar to Internet banking. It is up to each employee to treat their login details confidentially. Star Payroll Professional users never have access to active employee PIN/Passwords other than to generate first-use or temporary codes. Our site has weekly independent vulnerability testing and annual penetration testing to ensure it meets the latest security standards.
How does an employee sign-up?
This will be agreed by the employer or bureau and when employees have their payslips uploaded for the first time, the employer or bureau is provided with a unique Employee ID and PIN/Password which is distributed to the employee. It is up to the employee to keep this information confidential. On first use Employees must first agree to the terms and conditions of use and then change their PIN/Password code before they can access their Payslips.
Can an employer login to ePayslips?
Yes the employer has a separate login to the ePayslips portal, where they can view ePayslips, P60s and P11ds for all employees. Employers can see information as soon as it is uploaded by the payroll team or bureau and in advance of the publishing date for verification if required.
What if a user forgets their PIN/password?
The Star ePayslips portal allows users to manage and reset their own PIN/password minimising any involvement from the payroll team and/or employer.
Can we brand the ePayslips screens and payslips?
Yes. Colour schemes and logos can be incorporated into the ePayslip site and also included on payslips so as to align with corporate themes and encourage familiarity.
When do employees receive their ePayslips?
The employer will decide but typically employees will be able to login and view ePayslips on the same day that they previously received paper payslips. The employer and/or Payroll team can decide the publishing date for ePayslips in advance and this is set when the payroll is calculated.
How do I download and print my ePayslip?
Within the Payslip Summary grid there is the option to view as a PDF. This will create a PDF copy of your payslip which can be saved and/or printed. Once the PDF version of your ePayslip is generated, it is up to you to ensure this is kept secure so we do not recommend downloading your payslip as a PDF on a public computer.
Can an employee view past ePayslips and how long do they remain accessible?
Yes, ePayslips allows historical information to be maintained for the current and prior financial years. The time period available will depend on the employer's policy.
Can the payroll team replace already submitted payslips?
Yes, when payslips have been uploaded and there is a subsequent change, individual or all payslips can be re-submitted. The re-submitted ePayslips will overwrite those previously submitted for that period.
Are ePayslips accepted as a form of proof of income?
Yes, they are accepted as a proof of income in the same way as a traditional paper payslip.
What happens with leavers?
That is up to the employer. By default an employee's account remains open indefinitely. Optionally, payslip data can be removed by the employer or bureau. It is recommended that employees save any ePayslips to their computer/memory stick or print out copies prior to their departure.
Can the employer/Payroll team upload historical payslips?
Yes, when an employer starts using ePayslips there is an option in Payroll Professional to upload payslips from previous pay periods.
“We can do a 'print' run of a hundred payrolls (that's payrolls, not people) in seconds. It is truly amazing.”
Juliet Stewart, Hillier Hopkins